General Walking Information
Scottish walks.co.uk want you to get the most from your walking in Scotland experience. In order to do this it is advisable to follow these simple guidelines:-
- Wear hiking boots or good strong walking shoes.
- Wear suitable layers of clothing and take waterproofs with you. (Remember the weather in Scotland can change very quickly!)
- Carry a comfortable rucksack for drinks and packed lunches.
- In cooler weather or on higher hills it is advisable to wear warmer clothing such as a wool or fleece top and hat & gloves.
- A mobile phone if you have one can be carried in case of emergency.
- Always follow The Country Code.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery that Scotland has to offer!
Scottish-Walks.co.uk: Walking in Scotland